Monday, October 20, 2008

Noah turns 1!

Well, for those of you keeping track - Noah had his first birthday today! At exactly 2:23 p.m. that little nugget turned one. I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by!! One minute we had just found out we were pregnant, I cried about not wanting to give birth - ouchie! Then the big day arrived and it hurt even worse than I had feared...but then you get to hold your darling baby for the first time, and all the pain disappears. It's unbelievable, magical and utterly indescribable. We are so blessed to have this wonderful boy and such a loving family to raise him in. Thanks to everyone who called to wish our sweet boy a very happy birthday.

Okay, okay enough with the mushy stuff. Here's a bit about Noah's day. It started out kind of rough - I think he has a bit of a cold and he was feeling a little cranky. Perhaps it was all the pressure of turning in to a super-kickin it one year old.....

The day got slightly better as he went to daycare and got to play, play, play all day with all his little buddies. When Zack and I picked him up, he and another boy were hiding in a corner, no doubt up to no good! We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner, because they have a great indoor play area. Noah had so much fun climbing up the spiral stairs and sliding down the slide (with mom or dad, of course). He played around in a race car and and airplane. He tried his hardest to climb up the slide, but slippery socks and a slick plastic slide do not make a good climbing combination. This was actually our first trip to this play place, but we'll definitely make it a more regular affair since the Bean had such a great time. By the time we left, he could barely keep his eyes open.




Thanks for all the warm wishes!


5 comments:

CGlide said...

I can't believe it was a year a go when we all gathered to welcome Noah into this world. What an amazing day! Here he is now 1 year later such a sweet, precious boy. I know my world is a bit more smiley just because there is him to grin about! Laura, no grandmother on this earth could have ever wished for or gotten a more wonderful mother for their grand baby! Thanks for the blog and sharing our little guy with us all. You and Zack do such a great job loving our precious bean!

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Love you all!!!

Brad, Lauri & Ethan Bernet said...

Happiest of belated birthdays from Ethan (Noah's bday buddy) & of course, Lauri & Brad. Can't believe he's getting so big.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Sorry I missed Noah's first birthday party. .Cute pictures of Noah. I heard you guys went & got an ottmen like we have, thats great. Its such a nice one. But Leslie said Noah got allot of nice stuff. I'm about to be a grandma, I'm so excited to hold little Harbor. Please pray for Jessica that everything goes good. Talk to you later, Karen Barnes